If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (828) 255-4535

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How To Deal With Mold Damage In Your Home

6/29/2017 (Permalink)

How To Deal With Mold Damage In Your Home

Mold flourishes in damp, warm environments. Eliminating mold might appear simple, and in many cases, it might be a basic procedure. However, if the mold damage is extensive, you might require the services of a mold remediation consultant. It can be hard to find mold if it is growing in the hidden areas. Mold has a musty smell that can cause irritations and respiratory problems. Some people suffer from mild allergic reactions while others develop some serious health complications. Mold remediation and mitigation are instrumental when it comes to alleviating this problem.

Cleaning up

You cannot succeed in the mold removal process without undertaking a thorough cleanup. The secret to dealing with the mold damage is to tidy up and remove the mold immediately to stop it from spreading out and becoming harder to eliminate. Tidy your heating system during mold removal since the HVAC device can distribute the spores in the house. Run your vacuum cleaner over the areas where mold has begun to develop. Instead of covering the furnishings with polyethene and tape, remove them from the house while undertaking this operation. Routine cleansing can also keep the mold away from the kitchen, bathroom, and shower. Instead of exposing those near you to the mold spores, the specialists have the necessary devices and abilities to remove the mold in home finishes and prevent such infestations in the future. Before you start using the pressure washer to address the mold damage, wear the appropriate clothing and seal the zone with a protective covering to contain the spores in the working area. If you see the signs of commercial mold damage on the drywall, floors, or ceiling, you need to hire a mold removal specialist to stop the problem. Besides the mold remediation process, mitigation is critical when it comes to preventing the commercial mold damage in the future. While dealing with the commercial mold damage, look out for the fungus and mildew that have a smelly odor that might call for deodorization.


A good ventilation system is the key to mold removal. If your ventilation system is circulating the air, the mold and mildew cells will not flourish in your home. If the mold damage has started to affect the plaster or wood surfaces, you might have to remove the top layer and refurbish it with a material of your choice. Tiles are appropriate since they do not absorb water. Since the tiles are easy to clean, eliminating the mold on a tiled surface is quite easy. A direct exposure to mold over a prolonged amount of time can initiate a series of allergic reaction. Avoid living in the musty conditions, and if the damage is extensive, you need to relocate as the specialists deal with the infestation. Use your HVAC system to air-dry your house. Reducing the humidity levels can also help in combating the problem. Air-conditioning and ducts can often conceal mold, and it is important to have your ductwork checked. If mildew and mold develop on the wooden surfaces, air and heat can solve the problem. Increasing the airflow and the temperatures can keep the indoor environment fresh and dry and eliminate the mold in home drywalls. A constant who handles both the remediation and mitigation can work to your advantage. Without deodorization, you cannot get rid of the smelly odor that comes from the fungus and mildew and mold in home surfaces.

While bleach can exterminate the mold easily, it will not permeate the porous surfaces. Sodium bicarbonate and vinegar are instrumental when it comes to eliminating various types of mold. The commercial mold damage consultants should not use the corrosive chemicals during the mold remediation and mitigation to prevent ruining the finishes of your home. The fungus and mildew have a smelly odor that you cannot eliminate by deodorization. The deodorization of the fungus and mildew will not eliminate the smelly odor.
Visit http://www.SERVPROashevilleeast.com for more information on mold damage.

Other News

View Recent Posts